Rescue Program Guidelines
- Pekingese will be received from shelters, pounds, the street as strays, and homes no longer able to keep them.
- Pekingese will not be purchased by PCF from anyone (auctions, shops, fairs, brokers).
- Pekingese entering the Rescue Program will be placed in foster homes for veterinary care and for evaluation of health and temperament for future placement.
- All Pekingese entering this program will be examined by a veterinarian, immunized and neutered or spayed.
- The cost of this care may be paid by Rescue Fund, upon request to the Rescue Chair, and only with complete and verifiable documentation.
- An Adoption Application must be submitted to the PCF representative by the applicant(s) desiring to adopt a Rescue Pekingese.
- An Adoption Contract must be signed by the persons adopting a Rescue Pekingese and the PCF representative.
- A Release Agreement must be signed in the event of a private surrender to PCF Rescue, by a former owner.
- All Pekingese must be returned to Rescue at any time, if the new owner is unable to keep the animal.
- A donation will be requested for each Pekingese adopted from the Rescue. This donation becomes part of the PCF Rescue Fund.
- Consideration will be given to placement in homes with children and/or other dogs. The evaluation will be made by the PCF representative.
- PCF Rescue will accept only these dogs that appear to be Pekingese, whether or not purebred, into the Rescue Program.
- Does not assume responsibility or liability for any adopted Pekingese’s health, behavior, and/or damage to person or property.