Rescue Program Guidelines
Before You Adopt
Application For Adoption
Volunteers Listed By State
Regional Rescue Organizations
Volunteers Application & Code of Ethics
I, the undersigned, have adopted (Use a separate form for each Pekingese):
Name of Pekingese (required)
Pekingese Sex, Age, Color (required)
Name of Foster:
AKC Registration number from the Rescue Program:
Upon release of this Pekingese to me, I will do the following:
1. Provide this Pekingese with kind and loving treatment at all times.
2. Provide proper and sufficient food, water, shelter when outside and identification
3. Provide this Pekingese with periodic veterinary care, including:
Immunizations and heartworm testing at my expense.
4. Agree this Pekingese is to live indoors (not in the garage or basement, etc.)
5. Provide this Pekingese with exercise. I have a fenced yard or will provide an enclosed exercise area.
6. To comply with all state and local ordinances governing the licensing and ownership of dogs.
7. If unable to keep the animal for any reason, I agree to contact a PCF volunteer immediately so that proper arrangements can be made to pick up the Pekingese, and I will surrender the Pekingese to a PCF volunteer for return into the PCF Rescue Program.
8. If behavior problems arise, I agree to make reasonable attempts to relieve the problem.
I accept the dog as is and assume all risk and financial responsibilities of ownership. I release PCF from any and all liability associated with any illness of the dog or damage or injury hereafter caused by the dog. I understand that some of the information provided on the adoption application regarding the dog may have been received by PCF from a third party. I understand that PCF does not warrant the accuracy of such information. I agree to return this dog to PCF, making no charges of any nature for licensing, care, food, or other services or items. I agree to pay any reasonable attorney fees and court expenses if PCF must bring legal action against me to enforce this adoption agreement. I understand that any sum of money I have given to PCF is to be used in caring for dogs in the rescue program and is NOT refundable. A separate contribution made to the Pekingese Charitable Foundation which is not for the adoption of a dog is tax deductible.
Your Name (Required)
City, State, Zip (Required)
Email Address (Required)
Phone Number & Fax:
PCA is a non-profit organization assisting in the rescue, foster and placement of dogs into suitable homes. Thank you for caring to adopt. We rely on donations to offset costs associated with these activities. PCF requests a donation of $100.00 to $350.00 to defray the veterinary expenses incurred in preparing your Pekingese for adoption. This donation is not tax deductible. Any additional donation you would care to make is greatly appreciated.